Rivulet Pecan Liqueur Candied Yams
From farm to table, and from grape & grain to glass, the world has been migrating to an evermore natural approach to growing and enjoying food and beverages. We asked some talented local chefs across the country to suggest dishes that celebrate our new luxury liqueur. Whether it be in featured dishes or luxurious desserts, Rivulet is a truly inspirational ingredient in some of the most creative dishes we have seen.
Rivulet Pecan Liqueur Candied Yams Recipe®
- 4 to 5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- ¼ cup Rivulet Liqueur
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Place the sweet potatoes, sugars, water, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt in large saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat medium heat. Cook until just tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place sweet potato mixture in baking dish. Stir in Rivulet Liqueur and butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees until tender, about 1 hour, spooning sauce over occasionally. Sprinkle with toasted pecans.
Yields 6 servings