Rivulet Mini Chocolate Mousse Desserts
From farm to table, and from grape & grain to glass, the world has been migrating to an evermore natural approach to growing and enjoying food and beverages. We asked some talented local chefs across the country to suggest dishes that celebrate our new luxury liqueur. Whether it be in featured dishes or luxurious desserts, Rivulet is a truly inspirational ingredient in some of the most creative dishes we have seen.
Rivulet Mini Chocolate Mousse Desserts Recipe®
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon Rivulet Liqueur
- Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Place chocolate chips, cream, coffee vanilla and Rivulet Liqueur in 2-quart saucepan.
- Heat gently until the chocolate is melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time, whisking well so they don’t scramble.
- Whip the egg whites until just stiff.
- Mix one heaped tablespoon of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and then carefully fold in the rest of the whites.
- Spoon alternately Chocolate Mousse and sweetened whipped cream in mini dessert glasses, ending with whipped cream. Sprinkle with grated chocolate if desired.
Yields 8 servings