Bread Pudding Cupcakes With Rivulet Glaze
From farm to table, and from grape & grain to glass, the world has been migrating to an evermore natural approach to growing and enjoying food and beverages. We asked some talented local chefs across the country to suggest dishes that celebrate our new luxury liqueur. Whether it be in featured dishes or luxurious desserts, Rivulet is a truly inspirational ingredient in some of the most creative dishes we have seen.
Bread Pudding Cupcakes With Rivulet Glaze Recipe®
- BREAD PUDDING
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup Rivulet Liqueur
- 7 cups lightly packed bite-size cubes of day-old French bread
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 ¼ cups half and half
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- RIVULET GLAZE
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons Rivulet Liqueur
- Combine the raisins and 1/3 cup Rivulet Liqueur in a small bowl. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners in muffin pan and spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- Place the bread cubes in large bowl. Scatter the pecans over bread cubes. When the raisins have absorbed most of the Rivulet, sprinkle them and any remaining Rivulet Liqueur over the bread.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, half and half, sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg, until well blended. Pour over bread cubes evenly. Lightly stir into bread until well coated. Let mixture stand about 15 minutes. Stir again.
- With ice cream scope or spoon fill prepared muffin cups with bread mixture. A bit of the bread should remain just above the custard. Bake the pudding until pudding is slightly puffed and golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- To make glaze, combine the butter and confectioner sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the butter and sugar melt together, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in the Rivulet Liqueur. The sauce will be slightly thin, but it will thicken once cooled. Drizzle over each cupcakes.
Yields about 15 cupcakes